What ted was pointing out is that you do *not* look in the "win32" directory
for tomcat, because tomcat is not platform-specific. The file you need is:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.2.1/bin/jakarta-t
omcat-3.2.1.zip

What is in the win32 directory is just stuff like the Microsoft IIS ->
tomcat connector, which
*is* specific to win32.

Tomcat works fine with apache (and several other webservers) as a front end.

If you need CGI, you *must* use some webserver as a front-end, because
tomcat doesn't support CGI (though I can't see any reason why this couldn't
be added in future - except that there really isn't much point, because CGI
is pathetic).

However, the current release of apache isn't really meant to run on windows,
so (much as
I hate to say it) if you want to do CGI as well as servlets, you may want to
run Microsoft IIS
as a front-end instead. Note that the next release of Apache (currently in
alpha-release) is
supposed to be much better on windows.