On 12/22/2000 at 2:49 PM Horia Bochis wrote:
>and what can I take from there, for tomcat to work on my windows?

Sorry, should have mentioned that to start Tomcat standalone,

1. Be sure there is a NT environment variable JAVA_HOME that points to
your JVM (e.g. c:\javasoft\jdk\1.2\bin).
2. Open a DOS window, and change to the bin folder under your Tomcat
directory (e.g. c:\jakarta\tomcat\bin).
3. Run tomcat.bat

By default, Tomcat will answer requests on port 8080 <
http://localhost:8080/ >

The usual default for Web servers is 80, so out of the box it will not
conflict with IIS or Apache.

Depending on what you need to do, you might also be able to let Tomcat
run on 8080 for your servlets, and leave the other CGI on the usual
HTTP port (80). You would only need to hardcode 8080 into the top level
URL, and after that it's automatic.

For integrating Tomcat with Webserver, see <
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/index.html >.

For installing Tomcat under NT, see <
http://jakarta.apache.org/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer/
action/SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/12/topic_id/102/question_id/693 >.

-- Tel 716 425-0252; Fax 716 223-2506.
-- http://www.husted.com/