You could try jmeter http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: kwirirai [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 February 2004 17:32
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Servlet thread safety in Tomcat

  Thanks to All for your help ! :-)
Sofar it seems to be working ,no data corruption,I localized all
variables ,put in some synchronized blocks,removed them
again(synchronized blocks) and seems to work, but not sure why without
the synchrozed blocks its working . :-\
Is there free software that I can use to test the concurrency
issues,because at the moment I am trying to test all this using two
client machines and this does not work at all.Software that can create
many simultanoeus connections sending in the request parameters to
Tomcat would do well for testing
.

Shapira, Yoav wrote:

>Howdy,
>

>>this has made me think a lot about threading , it is really complicated
>>, I have researched about it but never found a clean solution to
>>

>Threading is complicated, yes, and difficult to do well.  Which is why
>when possible you should let someone else do the work for you and use a
>library like Doug Lea's util.concurrent, which is now
>java.util.concurrent in JDK 1.5.  It has thread pools, executors, locks,
>etc so you don't have to write any of this sync code yourself.
>
>Yoav Shapira

sender.  Thank you.