QM wrote:
: [snip] the classes are declared in the package org.apache.jsp.
: : Any ideas, how I can make tomcat (jasper?) load the classes that it just : generated and then compiled?

So then, you're precompiling the JSPs?

Nope. Just plain old JSP's in a webapp. Jasper generates servlets and compiles them just fine. But it cannot load them. I get

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.index_jsp
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:209)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:131)
at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.load(JspCompilationContext.java:497)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:150)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:195)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)

I don't have any URLs -- do a web search -- but there are examples for
building the JSPs into WEB-INF/classes and having Ant create the servlet
mappings (for web.xml) for you.

I wish that was the problem :)

-dennis