> On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Martin Mauri wrote:
>
> > Hi users!
> >
> > I've configured my web.xml file with the tag:
> >
> > <welcome-file-list>
> >     <welcome-file>worksheet.html</welcome-file>
> > </welcome-file-list>
> >
> > and it worked nice while using Tomcat as a standalone server, but
> > when I installed Tomcat to work with Apache, the welcome file isn't
> > showed at all, I only get the list of available files in the
> > directory...which could be the problem?
> >
> > any idea?
>
> Here's a guess (an educated one, since I had similar problems :-):
> You're not specifying appropriate directives in the tomcat/apache conf
> file to tell apache to pass that URL to tomcat.  Hence, apache is
> handling that URL (and it's only tomcat knows about the welcome file).
> If you're using mod_jserv, these are ApJservMount directives; if
> you're using mod_jk, I don't know, but I'd guess they're ApJKMount
> directives.  Anyway, look at the documentation for this conf file on
> the tomcat web site.
>
> Milt Epstein
> Research Programmer
> Software/Systems Development Group
> Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
> University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear Milt, perhaps your theory is right, but take a look at this:
I've renamed my file worksheet.html to worksheet.jsp and I've got the jsp
extension redirected to Tomcat.
but it doesn't work at all :(

any idea?

my welcome looks like this:

<welcome-file-list>
     <welcome-file>worksheet.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

and my mod_jk.conf looks like this:

#
# The following line mounts all JSP files and the /servlet/ uri to tomcat
#
JkMount /worksheet/servlet/* ajp12
JkMount /worksheet/*.jsp ajp12

regards.