On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Martin Mauri wrote:

> > On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Martin Mauri wrote:
> >
> > > The URL is: http://myhost:myport/worksheet/
> > >
> > > and so worksheet is the context name, but the welcome page is
> > > worksheet.jsp and it's inside the directory worksheet.
> >
> > OK.  That seems fine to me.
> >
> > Now, I'm using mod_jserv, not mod_jk, and I have things like the
> > following in my apache/tomcat conf file:
> >
> > Alias /blah /path/to/tomcat/webapps/blah
> > ApJServMount /blah/servlet /blah
> >
> > which I got based on the sample provided.  I also added
> >
> > ApJServMount /blah /blah
> >
> > which wasn't in the sample but which seems to allow me to do some
> > things I want.
> >
> > As I understand it, these ApJServMount's, tell apache (and/or tomcat)
> > what the context is for URL's passed to tomcat.  The ApJKMount
> > directives you have don't seem to be doing that, they just indicate
> > what the protocol is.  I'm wondering if this could be (part of) the
> > problem.
> >
> > Because it seems like the URL you're using wouldn't be matched by
> > either of the ApJKMount directives shown below.
>
> Dear Milt,
>
> I've done exactly as you told me, but anything happened, could be
> this a bug of this version of mod_jk? Wouldn't it be useful to post
> it to the developers list?

Don't know, although I suspect it's not a bug, probably just some
details in your configuration need to be worked out.

Much of what I was saying/suggesting were just conjectures, trying to
come up with some things that you could try, that might possibly be
related to the problem -- I'm pretty new to this stuff myself, so I'm
by no means an expert (and like I said, I'm not using mod_jk at all).

And I think I've about run out of suggestions.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]