On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Martin Mauri wrote:

[ ... ]
> > Here's a guess (an educated one, since I had similar problems :-):
> > You're not specifying appropriate directives in the tomcat/apache conf
> > file to tell apache to pass that URL to tomcat.  Hence, apache is
> > handling that URL (and it's only tomcat knows about the welcome file).
> > If you're using mod_jserv, these are ApJservMount directives; if
> > you're using mod_jk, I don't know, but I'd guess they're ApJKMount
> > directives.  Anyway, look at the documentation for this conf file on
> > the tomcat web site.
>
> Dear Milt, perhaps your theory is right, but take a look at this:
> I've renamed my file worksheet.html to worksheet.jsp and I've got the jsp
> extension redirected to Tomcat.
> but it doesn't work at all :(
>
> any idea?

What is the URL you are trying?  And where is the worksheet.jsp file
located?  Is worksheet the app/context name?

Those JkMount's may tell apache to forward to tomcat all *.jsp URL's,
but I'm not sure they're telling apache to forward to tomcat
everything for that context.  And it is the context for which the
welcome-file is specified.

> my welcome looks like this:
>
> <welcome-file-list>
>      <welcome-file>worksheet.jsp</welcome-file>
> </welcome-file-list>
>
> and my mod_jk.conf looks like this:
>
> #
> # The following line mounts all JSP files and the /servlet/ uri to tomcat
> #
> JkMount /worksheet/servlet/* ajp12
> JkMount /worksheet/*.jsp ajp12

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]