On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

> Martin Mauri wrote:
> >
> > > Here's a guess (an educated one, since I had similar problems :-):
> > > You're not specifying appropriate directives in the tomcat/apache conf
> > > file to tell apache to pass that URL to tomcat.  Hence, apache is
> > > handling that URL (and it's only tomcat knows about the welcome file).
> > > If you're using mod_jserv, these are ApJservMount directives; if
> > > you're using mod_jk, I don't know, but I'd guess they're ApJKMount
> > > directives.  Anyway, look at the documentation for this conf file on
> > > the tomcat web site.
> > >
> > > Milt Epstein
> >
> > Dear Milt, perhaps your theory is right, but take a look at this:
> > I've renamed my file worksheet.html to worksheet.jsp and I've got the jsp
> > extension redirected to Tomcat.
> > but it doesn't work at all :(
> > any idea?
> >
> > my welcome looks like this:
> >
> > <welcome-file-list>
> >      <welcome-file>worksheet.jsp</welcome-file>
> > </welcome-file-list>
> >
> > and my mod_jk.conf looks like this:
> >
> > #
> > # The following line mounts all JSP files and the /servlet/ uri to tomcat
> > #
> > JkMount /worksheet/servlet/* ajp12
> > JkMount /worksheet/*.jsp ajp12
>
> Well, I think Milt was right! Add this to your httpd.conf:
> #
> DirectoryIndex worksheet.jsp index.html
> #
> and restart apache. It should work... I think (let me know) ;)

That may work.  But I'm not sure it's the "cleanest"/"best" way to do
it.  I believe that tells apache what to use for the directory index
for that directory (or all directories -- which is even worse).  But
really you've already told tomcat what the welcome file is.  You just
want to get apache to pass to tomcat the relevant requests, and then
tomcat will know what to do with it.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]