OK. Making progress.

Can you try the following? (all steps included - even the ones you have already done) Once it works we can tweak it to give the configuration you want. These steps assume a default install.

Create a directory $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp/
Create a directory $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF
Create a directory $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/cgi

Place your script called (script.cgi) in:
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/cgi

Uncomment the cgi stuff in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml

Rename $CATALINA_HOME/server/servlets-cgi.renametojar to $CATALINA_HOME/server/servlets-cgi.jar

Restart tomcat.

Browse to http://host:port/myapp/cgi-bin/script.cgi

Let me know what happens.

Mark

Brelsfoard, Alex wrote:
This is one area I was not entirely sure about.  I did uncomment everything
and did NOT change anything.
I do not really have a ROOT url.  I setup a "/cgi-bin" directory in
server.xml.  I then created a WEB-INF and cgi folders and placed my script in
there.
So the path to the file is /path/cgi-bin/WEB-INF/cgi/script.cgi
And the URL: domain.com/cgi-bin/script.cgi
Did I miss something here?
Thanks.
--Alex

Alex Brelsfoard Web Applications Developer Web Development Office Worcester Polytechnic Institute 508-831-6147 [EMAIL PROTECTED]