From: Mark Thomas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 4:48 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Trouble getting CGI script to execute

Brelsfoard, Alex wrote:
> Ok.  So I did everything you said.  Still not working.
> I get a 404 error.
> So I took it step by step to see if I made typos or something.  If I
> go to http://host:port I see the directory listing including "myapp"

This shouldn't happen. This means that myapp is a directory in the root
context rather than a separate context.

Have you edited server.xml at all? It looks like you have a context element
along the lines of <Context path="" docBase="${CATALINA_HOME}/webapps"
debug="0"/> in your server.xml. This is bad. The default install uses
<Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/> although it is commented out
because tomcat does this automatically by default anyway.

Mark