From: Mark Thomas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 4:15 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Trouble getting CGI script to execute

OK. Making progress.

Can you try the following? (all steps included - even the ones you have
already done) Once it works we can tweak it to give the configuration you
want. These steps assume a default install.

Create a directory $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp/ Create a directory
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF
Create a directory $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/cgi

Place your script called (script.cgi) in:
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/cgi

Uncomment the cgi stuff in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml

Rename $CATALINA_HOME/server/servlets-cgi.renametojar to
$CATALINA_HOME/server/servlets-cgi.jar

Restart tomcat.

Browse to http://host:port/myapp/cgi-bin/script.cgi

Let me know what happens.