On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:04:15 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jason,
>
> Definitely *not* a stupid question, as the answer is.... "yes."
>
> Don't know how it got there, and it doesn't work (can't look at properties,
> can't start it, probably can't remove it...?)

Is it in that weird disabled state where you can't do anything (sounds
like it)? If it is all I've been able to do in the past is reboot to
get rid of it, it can happen when you remove a service when you have
the Service Control Manager applet open but I don't know how it
happened in your instance.

Can you install a service with a different name?

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - [EMAIL PROTECTED]