This website has many JSP pages of which each has many
JSPF included. I wonder whether or not the system is
not be able to handle this kind of  setting. But
strange thing is that when we experienced the
slowness, I looked at the usage of CPU and find that
almost 90% of the CPU is idle.

Do anyone know what kind of load a tomcat can handle.
I am thinking that maybe a load balancer will help.
But I am still puzzled by the fact of low CPU usage at
the time of slowness.

>From the server status view in tomcat manager, I can
see 's Request count: 127421'