On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Micael Padraig Og mac Grene wrote:

> Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 10:16:55 -0700
> From: Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: NIGHTMARE
>
> I agree that the documentation on virtual hosts is too abstract, unless you
> want to really learn what you are doing, rather than merely how to do
> it.  An example of different sample server.xml configurations would be advised.

Two suggestions to the original poster:

* Use a current version of Tomcat, with the associated documentation.
  Tomcat 3.2.4 was released over two years ago, and has been superceded
  by two major versions since then -- and the docs have improved also.

* When you are first learning Tomcat, install it stand-alone, instead
  of behind a web server (Apache or IIS).  Once you understand the basic
  concepts it is much easier to go on to the web server configuration
  stuff.

In fact, anyone who *ever* installs Tomcat behind a web server is
subjecting themselves to needless configuration effort unless they
*really* need it.

Craig McClanahan