<monty-burns>Exccccellent!</monty-burns>

Georg - this worked beautifully.  Thank you very much!

For purposes of recording this on the user group so that others may
benefit (if they bother to check first that is ;-> ), here is exactly
what I did:

#
# Assumptions
# * You have already installed Apache 2.0.35
# * You have downloaded and unpacked the Jakarta Tomcat Connectors
#   source package (jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.2-01-src.tar.gz)
#

#
# Procedure
#
cd ${TOMCAT_CONNECTORS_SRC_HOME}/webapp
chmod +x support/*.sh
./support/buildconf.sh
./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
make

#
# Here is where it gets non-standard
#
cd lib
gcc -shared -o libwebapp.so *.lo
cd ../apache-2.0/
/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=link \
   gcc -shared -o mod_webapp.so -rpath /usr/local/apache2/modules \
   -module -avoid-version -I../include  -L../lib -lwebapp  mod_webapp.lo
cp mod_webapp.so /usr/local/apache2/modules/
cp ../lib/libwebapp.so /usr/local/apache2/modules/

#
# Add the following to /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
#
# LoadModule webapp_module   modules/mod_webapp.so
#
/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl configtest

Wonder if this has been corrected in the CVS source yet?  Maybe worth
doing some searches on tomcat-dev and poking around in CVS, etc.
Suppose I will look into that next!

jeff