>For purposes of recording this on the user group so that others may
>benefit (if they bother to check first that is ;-> ), here is exactly
>what I did:

Thank you, Jeffrey, for posting the steps needed to get mod_webapp built
for Debian. I was able to walk through the steps and (for the first time)
got everything installed. I could not start the httpd server, however, as
the following complaint occurs:

    Syntax error on line 126 of /opt/apache-2.0.35/conf/ssl.conf:
    Invalid port number (p<1) No "Port" statement found

Line 126 is the first WebAppDeploy statement and it sits in the ssl.conf
file (I want to run the web applications over an SSL connection). Of
course, under apache-2.0.x there is no Port statement as it's been
replaced by Listen. There is a Listen 443 statement in the file.

Here's some other basic information about my setup:

- using Debian Woody on an H-P NetServer LC 3 (x86)
- compiled mod_webapp from CVS as of this afternoon
- Tomcat 4.0.3

Question: Has anyone got mod_webapp working on a 2.0.35 server with
mod_ssl built in? Is there some trick I'm missing? I'd appreciate any help
anyone could give me. Many thanks.

Andy

P.S.: I've also tried mod_jk, which I can get to run, but soon after it is
started the httpd processes one by one start consuming all of the CPU
power on the system. I can kill the offending processes, but new ones soon
take back over. I had not had this problem with 1.3.24 + mod_ssl + mod_jk.
Again, if someone has an idea on how to make this work, I would very much
appreciate it. At this point I just need something that runs reliably on a
2.0.35 httpd server. Thanks.