On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Jeffrey Bonevich wrote:

> Is there a useful table anywhere documenting the relationship(s) of the
> various apache modules to the various tomcat connectors?  Something like
> this:

There are about 4 'connectors' implementing HTTP ( 1 in 3.3, coyote-http11
and 2 impl. in 4.x ). There are at least 3 'connectors' supporting
ajp13 ( one in 3.3, one in 4.0, and coyote-jk2 ). There is one connector
supporting ajp12 in 3.3, and one connector supporting WARP in 4.x.

The good news - each version of tomcat is bundled with the connectors that
you should use, and there's little duplication on the java side. Some
connectors are included only for backward compatibility or as a 'backup'
in case the newer version has problems.

Costin