You might have to do some configuration in the iis -> tomcat connector
stuff, I know in apache->tomcat
(which is what I use under various unix flavors) there's a need to put in
the mod_jk.conf file a directive that says to pass the request to tomcat for
this file pattern (looks like this "JkMount /*.jsp ajp13").  Then the
mapping will take effect in the web.xml.  Personally I'm playing around with
*.xsql files (oracle's xsql servlet), and I found that it didn't matter what
the mapping was in the web.xml under the WEB-INF unless I had that mapping
also in the mod_jk.conf file.

But your mileage may vary, some assembly required, batteries not included.
:)

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson