Hanks Mei wrote:

> Well try this approach before deployment. Thanks for the tip peter.
> But right now I just have a small page with 4-5 tag libraries. which just retrieve
>information
> from a bean(where data is hard coded) and displayed in the page.

when you say "hard coded" I am interpreting this as the data is in the
bean and does not get it from a database, file or some other remote
source. Have you tried using JMeter to benchmark the pages?  some of the
things I've done to track down performance issues is to look at the
"standard deviation" or "variance" of the responses. Something weird
must be happening if you're seeing a range of 90-2200. I am guessing the
standard deviation will be 3-4x the average. If that is the case, a
likely culprit is garbage collection. If you have any synchronized
blocks or use a lot of local variable, it may be triggering GC
prematurely.

keep in mind when GC is triggered, all processes are blocked, until GC
is done. One way to see if that is the case is to start tomcat with
higher heap settings. try heap settings of 120min 180max and see if that
helps. If that improves the performance it's likely GC is the cause.  To
find out for sure, use JProbe thread profiler to see exactly what is
happening and what classes are being garbaged.

I hope that helps.

peter