No need to use the debug version unless you plan on actually debugging it in Visual Studio or something.

Here's my include statement:

Include "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Jakarta/tomcat-4.1.3/conf/jk/mod_jk.conf"

You can autogenerate the mod_jk.conf file by doing the following in your server.xml:

Put the following right after the <Server...> element and change the paths for your system:

<Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
            modJk="c:/Progra~1/Apache~1/Apache2/modules/mod_jk.dll"
            jkDebug="info"
            workersConfig="c:/Progra~1/Apache~1/Jakarta/tomcat-4.1.3/conf/jk/workers.properties"
            jkLog="c:/Progra~1/Apache~1/Jakarta/tomcat-4.1.3/logs/mod_jk.log" />

Put the following right after any and all <Host...> elements you have:

<Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
            append="true"
            forwardAll="false" />

This will output a mod_jk.conf in the CATALINA_HOME/conf/auto directory.

After this is done, I suggest commenting out the stuff you added to server.xml and copying the conf/auto/mod_jk.conf to conf/jk/mod_jk.conf.  This makes it so if you want to tweak your mod_jk.conf, you can do that without worrying about it being overwritten.

Now you just have to worry about the workers.properties.  I'm attaching mine for your convenience.  I'll also attach a copy of the auto-generated mod_jk.conf.

If you have everything under the "localhost" <Host> and notice that you can't hit hit your app at any address but http://localhost/mywebapp, remove the following from mod_jk.conf:

<VirtualHost localhost>
    ServerName localhost

Or, just make sure to set your app up under the proper host in server.xml.  Either way will work.

Also, in addition to the somewhat messy setup of the mod_jk.conf that you see autogenerated for most of your contexts, you can also configure it simply like this:

JkMount /myapp  ajp13
JkMount /myapp/*  ajp13

That negates the need for all that extra Alias, <Directory>, and <Location> stuff since all it does is tell Apache to forward everthing to Tomcat.  The disadvantage of this clean setup is that Apache will no longer serve up static files which would take some of the burden off Tomcat.

Anyway, that's it.  Attached are my example files.

Jake