Hey Joey, Ant is a make tool.

It would be best if we knew exactly what version.
For instance, I am using Apache 2.0.39 and Tomcat 4.0.3, and Java SDK
1.3.1

I also followed this guide, but I did not build anything myself.
http://www.galatea.com/flashguides/apache-tomcat-24-win32.xml

for instance, I followed the link to the compiled dll, and I was able to
get my version running by downloading this mod_jk.dll
http://www.acg-gmbh.de/mod_jk/Release/mod_jk.dll

This one was compiled using Apache 2.0.39 and Apache Tomcat 4.0.4;  I
was originally trying to use the connector from Tomcat 3.3, but it
failed miserably.  If you make any changes to your httpd.conf or
mod_jk.conf, remember to RESTART APACHE.  Also, check the event viewer
if your service fails to start.  That helped me troubleshoot a lot.

the very last line of my httpd.conf file is (notice the forward slashes
"/" as apposed to the usual "\"):

# include mod_jk.conf
Include "C:/Program Files/Apache Tomcat 4.0/TomcatOnApache/mod_jk.conf"
#

I have a folder in my Tomcat directory called TomcatOnApache where I
store all my files

My mod_jk.conf file looks like this:

#begin mod_jk.conf

<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.dll
</IfModule>

JkWorkersFile "c:/program files/Apache Tomcat
4.0/TomcatOnApache/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "c:/program files/Apache Tomcat
4.0/TomcatOnApache/logs/mod_jk.log"
JkLogLevel info

JkMount /*.jsp ajp13

JkMount /tomcat-docs ajp13
JkMount /tomcat-docs/* ajp13

JkMount /struts-documentation ajp13
JkMount /struts-documentation/* ajp13

JkMount /bookstore ajp13
JkMount /bookstore/* ajp13

JkMount /webdav ajp13
JkMount /webdav/* ajp13

JkMount /examples ajp13
JkMount /examples/* ajp13

JkMount /struts-example ajp13
JkMount /struts-example/* ajp13

JkMount /manager ajp13
JkMount /manager/* ajp13

JkMount /jsp ajp13
JkMount /jsp/* ajp13

#end mod_jk.conf

And my workers.properties file looks like this:

#begin workers.properties
# Tomcat Home Directory
workers.tomcat_home="C:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0"

#Java Home Directory
workers.java_home=C:\jdk1.3.1

#Environment slash; \ on NT and / on Unix/Linux
ps=\
# ps=/

worker.list=ajp13
# , inprocess

#------ DEFAULT ajp13 WORKER DEFINITION ------------------------------
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

worker.ajp13.lbfactor=1

#------ DEFAULT LOAD BALANCER WORKER DEFINITION ----------------------
worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=ajp13

#------ DEFAULT JNI WORKER DEFINITION---------------------------------

worker.inprocess.type=jni

#------ CLASSPATH DEFINITION -----------------------------------------

worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)tomcat.ja

#

worker.inprocess.cmd_line=start

#Java 2 jvm
worker.inprocess.jvm_lib=$(workers.java_home)$(ps)jre$(ps)bin$(ps)classi
c$(ps)jvm.dll

# Setting the place for the stdout and stderr of tomcat
worker.inprocess.stdout=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)logs$(ps)inprocess.st
dout
worker.inprocess.stderr=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)logs$(ps)inprocess.st
derr

#end workers.properties