From: Jack Park [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2002 4:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Mac OS X, Tomcat 4.0.4, MySql "configuration denies access"

I continue to get the sql exception using the above software and
mm.mysql 2.0.8 drivers.
MySql is 3.23.51 downloaded from entropy.ch

I have granted permission to the program for both localhost (a guess) and
localhost.localdomain (which I needed on wintel and linux).

While roaming with google, someone
(http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7737&highlight=mysq
l+java) solved (I think) the same problem by making a new root user with
host = % (I confess: I have no idea how to do that!).  I tried making my
program (the name I use to open a connection to mysql) a Mac User.  Nothing
changed.

I see several candidate avenues of inquiry:
        tomcat 4.0.4 has problems with this configuration (I think very unlikely)
        mm.mysql 2.0.8 is the wrong driver for 3.23.51
        3.23.51 (being a very recent release) has some problem
        my configuration of the database with permissions is not consistent with
OS X needs (works fine on wintel and linux, however).

Cheers,
Jack

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: