I'm running a Tomcat 4.1.12 (with the coyote connectors running SSL) on RH Linux with a 2.4.9 kernel and IBM JRE 1.3.1 build cxia32131-20020622.

I initiated around 50 concurrent https connections from JMeter to the test server I have (which is a moderately powerful dual PIII 500 with 512 MB RAM and Ultra-SCSI drives) and I realized some random hangings after running for a while. When the hanging happened, I could still connect to the port that I opened. However, I couldn't do anything once I connected to the port. The JVM seemed to be running still, but tomcat wouldn't response.

BTW, I tried connecting to the port using "openssl s_client ..." and I was able to connect to the port when it hung, but I can't issue any HTTP commands.

I can, however, shutdown the server from the control port with no problem.

Can somebody tell me how to address / debug this problem?

--
William Lee (Will) | Sendmail Inc.
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.sendmail.com