From: Rob Simpson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> We did some CGIs in Perl a few of years ago, and have been using Java
> servlets in Tomcat since late 2001.  The first reaction to
> the servlets was how much faster they were.

I'll second this.  We are in the process of moving some of our
data warehouse exploratory tools from CGI to a JSP/servlet
solution.  The speed increase for generating a report is amazing -
from 20+ seconds to 2-3 seconds in most cases.  Even the first
request (with all the setup overhead) is much faster than the CGI
app.

-Phil