Wow.  Thank you all so much for responding to this question.  Its getting
quite frustrating hearing them saying CGI CGI CGI...  especially since they
are looking for a 'quick' solution and haven't done any research to the
advantages/disadvantages of using one technology over the other.

This project is to design a system that will one day (hopefully) be
implemented in one of the largest hospitals in the area.  This is definitely
not child's play - it will not only be important for this project to be
maintainable, but also to be expandable to meet the growing needs of the
client.  Personally, when I think CGI, I think of some rinky dink site that
people put up to sell the useless items collecting dust at home.  Forgive me
if I am offending anyone, I am sure that CGI does have its good qualities...
PHP was suggested but the ones who were adamant about CGI tossed that out
the window... I would rather have to struggle through learning PHP then to
use CGI!

Well, as I said, thank you thank you thank you... I will look at the site
you found on Google, and I will use everything you have all said to support
my argument. I just hope its an argument I can win, because I would love
this opportunity, but personally I don't think I would want to be part of a
team that would take an important project so lightly as to use whatever
technology they feel is 'easiest' and deliver that to the client.

Thanks and wish me luck :)
Denise

P.S. As for my work project, things are running quite smoothly and we are
almost ready to go live - thank you to EVERYONE that helped me through all
the obstacles!!!