There are a lot of companies using Tomcat in
production and some of them are large sites that get 1
million+ page views a day. Just because there are a
lot of calls, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a
problem.

scaling a website to handle millions of hits a day
takes time and thorough testing. If you don't test
your webapp under varying loads and settings, you're
not going to know how it will scale. hopefully when
the book comes out, it will answer most of these
questions.

peter