Hi,
I would really like to back up Peter's point that you can't just pick up
a book or web site with magic settings.  At best, you will find general
guidelines that may or may not work for your system.

The importance of establishing performance requirement and constantly
testing to ensure the requirements are meant cannot be overstated.
Document your requirement, your stress tests, and the results of every
test run you do.  Document what parameters you change between runs, and
the effect of the change.  If you want to do this right, it's a long,
laborious process that can be very application-specific.  If you'd like,
at the end you can publish a paper or a web site with your findings, and
I'm sure it'll get a lot of traffic ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

It
>> seems like there is an awful lot loaded into memory when it's
launched,
>> and all my stack traces produce an impressively long chain of method
>> calls: can this be mitigated?
>>
>> Jon Roberts
>> www.mentata.com

and notify the sender.  Thank you.