John Turner wrote:
|| You're aware that there are two components to the Apache connectors,
|| and that building Tomcat from source will only build CoyoteConnector
|| and do nothing for mod_jk2.so, the Apache module?  And that there is
|| a much easier way to build mod_jk2.so if, in fact, that is what you
|| are trying to do?  You can just download the mod_jk2.so source, then:
|| ./buildconf.sh
|| ./configure --with-apxs=/some/path/to/apxs
|| make
|| make install
|| John
|| Mark F wrote:
/export/home/temp/appserv/needed/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/build/server/cl
||| asses
|||     [javac] This version of java does not support the classic
||| compiler; upgrading to modern
|||     [javac]
/export/home/temp/appserv/needed/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/a
||| pache/catalina/servlets/HTMLManagerServlet.java:86: package
||| org.apache.commons.fileupload does not exist
|||     [javac] import org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileItem;
||| ... more errors like the one above then ....
|||     [javac]
/export/home/temp/appserv/needed/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/a
||| pache/catalina/servlets/HTMLManagerServlet.java:216: cannot resolve
||| symbol     [javac] symbol  : class FileItem
|||     [javac] location: class
||| org.apache.catalina.servlets.HTMLManagerServlet     [javac]
||| FileItem item = (FileItem) iter.next();     [javac]
||| ^     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated
||| API.     [javac] Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
|||     [javac] 8 errors
||| ----
||| I'm hoping that building from source will eliminate some problems
||| I'm having with the binary mod_jk2 connector, I've only been able
||| to get it to work with channel sockets and even then it is
||| constantly complaining in the logs with something along the lines
||| of:
||| [Thu Jul 24 10:59:07 2003] [error] ajp13.service() ajpGetReply
||| recoverable error 120000
||| [Thu Jul 24 10:59:16 2003] [error] channelSocket.receive(): Error
||| receiving message body -1 131
||| [Thu Jul 24 10:59:16 2003] [error] workerEnv.processCallbacks()
||| Error reading reply
||| [Thu Jul 24 10:59:16 2003] [error] ajp13.service() ajpGetReply
||| recoverable error 120000
||| [Thu Jul 24 10:59:25 2003] [error] channelSocket.receive(): Error
||| receiving message body -1 131
||| [Thu Jul 24 10:59:25 2003] [error] workerEnv.processCallbacks()
||| Error reading reply
||| [Thu Jul 24 10:59:25 2003] [error] ajp13.service() ajpGetReply
||| recoverable error 120000
||| [Thu Jul 24 10:59:26 2003] [error] channelSocket.receive(): Error
||| receiving message body -1 131
||| [Thu Jul 24 10:59:26 2003] [error] workerEnv.processCallbacks()
||| Error reading reply
||| [Thu Jul 24 10:59:26 2003] [error] ajp13.service() ajpGetReply
||| recoverable error 120000
||| We need UNIX sockets because performance is miserable and while I
||| think the app itself may be somewhat at fault we have shaved 3-4
||| seconds off each page rendering (query return) by bypassing apache.
||| This tells me there is a serious bottleneck with mod_jk2.
||| I've implemented a compression filter and that seems to help some
||| but it also seems to cause the output to be buffered, which I don't
||| like.
||| Your help is really appreciated.
||| -Mark

Yeah, I'm aware but don't you think there would be any added value to
building mod_jk2 and tomcat together.  I just want them to work well
together.  That was my thinking anyway.

-Mark