Hi,

sorry, but I think that's what I mean:-) So if you have object1 and object2 which references to object1 and you do a copy on object1 it will also copy and add all object2 instances that refer to object1. It looks like this is recursive, because objects that refer to object2 will probably be copied as well...

Hope this helps to explain your slowdown,

Hidde.

philipina wrote:
Hi,

One other object has a reference to the object I want to copy but the object
I want to copy has no reference (foreign key) to any other object.

Alain

Hidde Boonstra [Us Media]-2 wrote:
Hi Alain,

does your object have many relations (foreign key constraints)? I just looked into the copy method and I see it does a deep copy, so if you have many relations, or many related entries in your database, these will all be copied into your copy. This might explain why it gets slower when there is more data...

Greetz,

Hidde.

philipina wrote:
Hello,
I'm using torque to connect to my Mysql database.
I'm trying to improve performence of my application and I saw that torque
is
taking more than 600 ms to execute a command like:
Object1 myCopiedObject1 = myObject1.copy();

Torque is only slow if I have a lots of data in my DB. I cannot
understand
this! a copy should only do the work in memory and not access the DB.

Why is it soo slow? Any idea to speed-up this copy?

Thanks in advance.

Alain
--
Us Media B.V.