Steve Borho wrote:
> 2009/7/18 Jose Miguel Hernández <jmiguel.h...@gmail.com>:
>> actually , when i said branch i was referring to parallel development
>> lines instead of named branches. But yes, i found Revision Ancestry
>> filter. It does not help to quickly scan the changset though as the
>> descendants also get filtered.
>>
>> Ok, so may be the question was wrong.
>>  Is there a good reason for limiting the tree graph column?
>> it sounds like it was fixed on purpose
>
> A fixed limit is a reasonable default, but I would take a patch for
> making the limit configurable (and 0 can be a special value that
> disables the limit).

This has annoyed me too.

I understand why it makes sense to default the *initial width* of the
column to something less than enough to display all present lines of
history if there are many.

I do not understand why it makes sense to forbid the user from dragging
the column as wide as they like.

Can we limit the default automatic layout, but not limit the user's
deliberate adjustments?

Max.