Hi steve, all,

I see you project as porting tortoiseHg to Qt very interesting :)

Just a few comments, (from my little experience of pyqt).
User who use source install will not be bothered by using uic file or not.
Since each time you generate a new ui file, you should regenerate the .py
file.
And commit _both_ of them.
>From my experience, using ui file (and thus designer) for simple dialogs
lower the level for people
to participate to the project and also force people to derivate always from
generated dialogs.
(Well in my case it was for an in house tool, but still...).
Looking behind, I gained a lot of time using Qt designer, instead of doing
all by hand.
The thing I loved, was that while using it, your code still stay very very
clean, since qtdesigner only define widget not actions like classical GUI
designer.

Another point, I've readen that you are considering using qt threads.
Do you need them for speed or user interactivity?

If for speed, how about using classical python thread with queue or even
better multiprocessing module?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1595649/threading-in-a-pyqt-application-u
se-qt-threads-or-python-threads

Because if you design well your program, multiprocessing module (that as
same API as threading module) can use multiple processors.
I'm especially wondering if it could be used when checking files of a
specific revision, and when you got lot of files.
I've sometimes seen big slowdown when there is lot of unmanaged files (>10K
files).
(perhaps it is more an issue with hg itself...)
Perhaps, multiprocessing module is overkill, but at least using classical
thread allow using them later...

On the other side, if you use Qt network API, perhaps using qt thread is
more usefull. I've got no experience on this thing...
It depends, for what you will use the threads :)

Anyway, all continue your good work, every new release is even better!

Cheers,
Laurent