rrweather;475524 Wrote:
> Just to be sure, the controllers use wifi to control the receiver (as
> opposed to IR)? So with this setup, basically my two controllers would
> be the only thing using wifi in the house? Just want to make sure I get
> this.
Yes. The controllers use Wifi to get the commands to your next
access-point/router, which gets them to the server, which starts
streaming music that will go through the wires of your powerline to the
receiver.

If you have this running and some more spare time, you can make the
IR-emitter of the controllers work (there is an applet someone wrote for
this) and then you can turn on/off your amplifier with the controller
like me.
If you start with Squeezeboxes, the fun never ends :)

--
bluegaspode

1x SB-Controller+Receiver, 1xSB-Boom. 1x Radio
Server running on Linkstation NAS (LS-CHL) (7.3.3) and Windows Vista
(7.4.0 for the radio).
Looking for hacks to make the Radio run against 7.3.3 server ...