kesey;488400 Wrote:
> DaveKen, while we'd all like a bit of clarity on the situation regarding
> the Touch release, let's not overstate the case.
>
> Many of us have Squeezeboxes, Transporters, Duets, Booms etc with which
> we are more than happy. In a perfect world, we'd be able to buy
> everything when we want it. The Logitech/Slim team have hard work going
> on trying to maintain compatibility with legacy machines and the newer
> stuff. While I would be more than happy to take a Touch as is, and play
> along while its evolution occurs, many potential owners would have major
> hissy fits if they were supplied with equipment which hiccuped now and
> then.

Hi Kesey
I still don't think I've overstated ANYTHING, sorry. I agree with
pretty much everything in the second paragraph above but that doesn't
change the facts of the situation. I spent the last 35 years of my
working life largely involved in Sales and Marketing and in all that
time I've never seen a new product launch so badly handled. Letting it
out early was bad enough (all right, not all their fault but surely some
blame can be laid at their door), but the ongoing backwards revisions of
the release date, then the soliciting of pre-orders, (normally taken as
an indication that release is imminent and KNOWN), then the
acknowledgement of these pre-orders and in some cases the taking of
payment and it's subsequent refunding, and now these apparent order
cancellations  -  what a debacle !!!
I exclude the Technical guys from this criticism (unless of course they
were consulted about the launch date announcement, as would normally be
the case in any organisation), but even they appear to be operating in
an uncoordinated manner.
It may well turn out to be a wonderful product but when are we ever
going to know when we shall see one  -  surely not too much to ask of
any new product.
All IMHO of course  -  anybody else agree?
DaveKen.

--
DaveKen