Mine has spent most of its time in the "lab" sitting right next to me so
I use the touch interface most of the time. I like the touch interface
very much.

I've had it in the listening room for a while sitting in the rack
connected to my DAC. In this position its mostly remote controlled. I'm
pretty much split between using IR remote and an SBC. In this
configuration I really miss the Touch interface.

Having a control interface on the player is actually very handy. With
the SB3 I frequently wind up in a situation where I'm in front of the
rack and want to play something while I check out something (setting
volume controls, checking out polarities whatever) and I have to go to
the listening chair, grab the remote do what I need. Then I usually
forget to take it back to the chair, so the next time I sit down to
listen the remote is on the other side of the room. With the Touch the
control surface is always there with it, even if I don't use it all the
time.

I'm probably going to get another one for use as a controller. One sits
in the rack and I have one next to me in the listening chair. Then of
course I'll need yet another for the lab! I guess I'm well and truly
hooked!

For me at least a big advantage of the Touch as controller is that you
can plug a USB stick in and play music without having to load it into
the server. I was surprised at how often that actually happened and it
was a real pain in the neck to deal with. With the Touch right next to
me, just plug it in, wait a few seconds and I can start browsing the
stick.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson