Phil Leigh;516500 Wrote:
> The Internet (and life in general) would be a far better place if people
> refrained from proferring their opinion on matters of which they have
> precisely zero knowledge. That categorically IS their fault...

Unfortunately, however idealistic that thought, that isn't the way
people think in real situations. And no amount of hoping or lecturing
will change it.

The simple truth? If there is an information void, people will generate
their own speculation to fill it. The second part of that corollary is
when the keeper of the correct knowledge chooses to stay silent, the
gossip that ends up on the street is almost always far more dramatic.

It may be that Logitech is betting that the adverse rumors making the
rounds will stay confined to a relatively small group and any negative
publicity will pale in comparison when the product is released to a
larger public that was never aware of the soap opera.

However, that is a gamble that corporations sometimes lose. There has
to be at least one potential fall guy at Logitech that isn't going to
sleep well until this is all over. Glad it's not me....

--
mlsstl