mlsstl;516519 Wrote:
> The simple truth? If there is an information void, people will generate
> their own speculation to fill it. The second part of that corollary is
> when the keeper of the correct knowledge chooses to stay silent, the
> gossip that ends up on the street is almost always far more dramatic.

Rabbi Nachtner: We can't know everything.
Larry Gopnik: It sounds like you don't know anything! Why even tell me
the story?
Rabbi Nachtner: [chuckling] First I should tell you, then I shouldn't.

Larry Gopnik: What happened to Sussman?
Rabbi Nachtner: What would happen? Not much. He went back to work. For
a while he checked every patient's teeth for new messages. He didn't
find any. In time, he found he'd stopped checking. He returned to life.
These questions that are bothering you, Larry - maybe they're like a
toothache. We feel them for a while, then they go away.
Larry Gopnik: I don't want it to just go away! I want an answer!
Rabbi Nachtner: Sure! We all want the answer! But Hashem doesn't owe us
the answer, Larry. Hashem doesn't owe us anything. The obligation runs
the other way.
Larry Gopnik: Why does he make us feel the questions if he's not gonna
give us any answers?
Rabbi Nachtner: He hasn't told me.
[Larry puts his face in his hands in despair]
Larry Gopnik: And... what happened to the goy?
Rabbi Nachtner: The goy? Who cares?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1019452/quotes

--
mortslim