I've been reading these discussions for a while.  One of the items in
the buglist caught my attention: 15192 - "Unable to use Touch as a
standalone music player without network".

That's exactly what I'd like to do -- connect a USB hard drive (loaded
with content at another location) to a SB Touch, and then connect the
Touch to my AVR, using the Touch's screen to select the music.

Apart from needing a network connection for initial (or later) firmware
update, can/will the Touch operate that way?  Or will I need to look
elsewhere?

--
R Johnson