R Johnson;516256 Wrote:
> Apart from needing a network connection for initial (or later) firmware
> update, can/will the Touch operate that way?  Or will I need to look
> elsewhere?

It should.  Being part of the beta testing, though, it's sometimes
surprising to see how simple things like this fall through the cracks
just because none of the developers (and none of the more numerous beta
testers) happen to have their systems configured in a certain way.
Everybody has their Touch on a network.  Most are connected wirelessly.
Those networks have Internet access.  Most libraries are in FLAC, with
some MP3 thrown in.

--
JJZolx

Jim