yerma;517866 Wrote:
> That is, unless they're planning a Duet2, something like a Touch
> (including USB-drive support and TinySC), but without a display, plus
> the Controller.
>
> That would be some helluva device, as it would give beginners an easy
> entry into the world of Squeezebox, and not being useless for users with
> an existing SB infrastructure...

Hi there
apparently if you follow the latest news the DUET is NOT being
discontinued at the moment so receivers will still be available fort the
foreseeable future.

I agree with you in that the receiver is nicely hidden away in a rack
-- If I were to buy the touch it would be for a different application
completely.

I am probably in any case in a minority of ONE here but I don't
actually LIKE touch screens and in any case when listening to the
receiver on high end gear it's easier to use with the remote controller
rather than fiddle around with a touch screen.

Cheers
jimbo

--
jimbo45