Robfitzp;522986 Wrote:
> It surprises me a bit that if it is (relatively) straightforward to make
> this work that Logitech don't just enable it out of the box?
> Irrespective of whether it is worthwhile or not, from a marketing point
> of view it would be better to be able to say 24/192.
>
> Bit of a bummer that my dac needs dual wire sp/dif for 192 anyway - I
> assume it is not an easy task to convert a touch to dual wire output?
>
> Cheers
> Rob

Well there is the rest of the infrastructure sbs and tiny sbs the
streaming capabilities etc.

If by a fluke logitech does this, I bet there will be a post a week
later by someone who cant stream his apple lossless 24/192 files with
wifi in his mansion ;)

Their can be a considerable amount of work, it probably is at least
relative to the benefits otherwise we would have it already (remember
there IS almost no benefits ).

It must work for everybody if it's ever going to be made by logitech. I
don't think they like some partially supported solution that only works
under some precise preconditions, like only wav from an usb drive or
something like that if I dare to speculate ?

This is a project that's clearly better done by third party enthusiast
like mr Svensson and like minded that take it as hobby/educational
project.

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: SB3 (soon to replaced by a Touch :) It is on preorder)
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Receiver (soon to be replaced by my SB3 and the SBR to be
stuffed in a box in the attic )
Miscellaneous use: Radio (battery pack to be ordered)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this