Quad;532369 Wrote:
> this is a misunderstanding. Maybe the subcontracting studio knows a way
> to preserve 24/96 while converting DSD to PCM. I mean hey, it's David
> Chesky from Chesky Records who owns and runs HDtracks! He sure knows
> how to deal with sampling rates. (That's what one hopes.)

There is no misunderstanding.

I personally spoke to the studio owner who does the conversions.  He
admits he upsampling.

The audio starts in a totally different digital format, it is apples to
oranges.  It is a format called DSD.  It ends up as PCM.  The machine
that does the conversions can't do it better than as described because
of legal restrictions imposed by Sony.

Read this entire thread for all the gory details.

HDTracks doesn’t admit this.

However if you read the prior posts in this thread on the subject, it
has been making several inconsistent statements and statements that are
contradicted by other sources, including their own subcontracted studio
owner.

“Of course you don't tell your wife the truth...
(hypothetical)...nobody does, do they? I've known men like this...their
gentlemen's agreement. It's cool to lie to their wives or girlfriends,
but you can share those lies with other guys...and, it's an unwritten
rule - you never tell the truth to the ladies. And, if one of the guys
slips up and his wife finds out the truth... he's supposed to deny,
deny, deny.” Donald J. Trump
http://www.trumpuniversity.com/blog/post/2008/02/honestly-all-of-us-are-liars.cfm

--
mortslim