HDTracks now says: "we have taken the San Francisco Symphony albums off
of our site while we investigate."

If it reads the earlier posts in this thread, it may want to also take
off the albums from Resound, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra’s record
label, because the same upsampling is happening there too.

HDTracks is not some giant corporation where one hand doesn't know what
the other is doing.  It is a very small group.  It has been informed of
these issues before and previously just decided to ignore it.

I have also spoken to Mark Waldrep, owner of a competing company,
Itrax.com.
Mark says he has spoken to David Chesky, owner of HDTracks, several
times about the issues and he says that David is simply unresponsive.

I see the bigger issue as why prestigious orchestras around the world
allow their works to be marketed in such a misleading way.

--
mortslim