I was the one who reported those sound differences, are they still
there? yes they are but they are very small differences now.

Its very interesting, but the differences are easier to hear with cheap
headphones. I've noticed the same thing with really cheap interconnects.
The far than perfect accessories degrade everything enough that the
differences are more obvious. That seems counter-intuitive but that is
what seems to happen. With good headphones and interconnects ($40
headphones instead of $5 ones, $10 interconnects instead of $.50 ones)
every thing gets better and its harder to tell the differences.

I would not worry about it, do NOT make this the deciding factor on
whether to use the builtin server or an external server.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson