gellie;533497 Wrote:
> Thx for the reply. but im still confused. Does that mean i can only use
> a self powered usb if its first connect to a usb hub? Than am i better
> getting a powered usb then connect it to the Touch? I fine either way,
> I just dont want to make a mistake buyer the wrong drive.

Sorry if I confused anybody. I am NOT using a USB Hub. I have my '
Toshiba USB powered USB drive'
(http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0316591)
connected directly to the Touch.

I think you might be referring to a post that somebody said they were
using a Hub and were not seeing any issues with USB powered drives. Can
one use a hub, sure, do you have to, not with the right choice of drive.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom