souwalker;537816 Wrote:
> I'll get a SB Touch when I can find one in Australia.
>
> I have a QNAP TS210 NAS in the study. My house is hard-wired (CAT 5).
> My Cd playing is playing up due to age. I plan to get the Touch and
> stream FLAC files from my NAS (in the study) to my HiFi via analogue
> L/R RCA to my Pre-Amp.
>
> Before HT, I listend to 2 Channel music via my pre/power amp. when I
> got a digital avr, I used the avr as a pre-amp with my power amp. 2
> channel music was unbearabale. I've since put my pre-amp back into the
> loop and when I listent to 2ch music, it's just pre/power amp and my cd
> player.
>
> I am hoping the sound would be 'Good'
>
> Your thoughts?
>
> Rgds
> Patrick

First off, I wish you well in pursuit of the Touch. Secondly, I would
think that it's fair to say that you asking all of us here on the
Squeezebox forum if we think the Touch will sound "good" is just a bit
odd since of course we say something along the lines of:

"You will be very pleasantly surprised at just how good your music when
streamed via a Touch to your 2 channel stereo."

I would also note that DTS encoded wav or flac will stream via the
Touch and can be decoded by a home theater receiver or processor via
the Touch's digital outputs.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2