notec;538730 Wrote:

> The only successful org to ever tame the open source arena was/is
> Mozilla.org. Logitech sold vaporware with the Duet. It's that simple.
>
> Folks that claim they've never had issues with the duet either:
>
> 1) rarely use it
> 2) have it setup right next to their router
> 3) live in a dream world
>
> Good luck to all you Touch owners. You're gonna need it to remotely
> enjoy your music.

To answer your questions and again false statements/comments:

Just exactly what vaporware did Logitech sell? The NMP division doesn't
even SALE software so how do they sell vaporware? I had one of the first
Duets sold. It worked right out of the box. Took all of 7 minutes to
setup. And actually, my Receiver is the farthest Squeezebox from my
wireless router and I live in an over 5000 sqft home. But again, my
network is properly setup with the wireless router in almost the exact
middle of the house and on the middle of three floors, set to the
channel with the least interference IE not the default channel. I don't
have my router setup in the bedroom next to the PC and cable outlet and
then expect the signal to go through multiple walls/floors to reach a
Duet on the far end of the house. The second Duet took about 5 minutes
to setup because I didn't have to read the directions.

I am the furthest thing from a Fanboy. Do I enjoy my Squeezeboxes, I
do, mainly because I love music and listen to music for 12 hours or
more everyday. I have been in the last three beta programs and know I
have told Logitech many many things they didn't want to hear. What good
is a Fanboy when one is developing a new product. I am still upset/mad
that the Touch needs an Internet connection for setup. I have a
business model for the Touch that will not work because of this fact.

Now for the three:
1) My Duets are used for a minimum of 4 hours a day. I am listening to
one now. I even use one in one of my vehicles everyday.
2) Already covered, it is the furthest from my wireless router.
3) Actually I live in reality and know that the problem with just about
anything is usually me or the fact that I will not except that something
or anything could be wrong with something. I taught Introduction to
Basic Programming in the 80's. It was evening classes so I had adults
and students as young as 12 years old. The 12 year olds finished the
whole course ahead of schedule and I had to come up with extra work for
them. The adults did not complete all the programming assignments. Kids
know and admit they messed up and then find the problem. Adults say the
they did it right but the program just isn't doing the right thing and
they feed it in again just to keep getting the wrong result. You seem
to be are one of those adults. So if your definition of a dream world
is properly working wireless network and always working Duets, maybe I
am lucky enough to live in your dream world because that is exactly the
world I am living in.

PS. With a little work and proper troubleshooting while admitting that
it just could be something other then the Duet, you could live in this
world also. It could be as simple as buying a new router!

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom