snarlydwarf;538619 Wrote:
> Not really.
>
> And you left out the Radio, which also uses much of the same code.
>
> 'SqueezeOS' is maturing.
>
> (Of course, it helps that the operating model of the Radio and Touch
> are also simpler: there isn't a headless device they need to talk to...
> there is no doubt some confusion when setting up SBR's whether you're
> talking to the SBC or the SBR...  The Touch and Radio don't have that
> layer of confusion to them.)

I left the radio out only because I don't own one and can't comment on
it based on first hand use; I only know what's been said about it here.
What you say makes sense.

Your comment on "SqueezeOS is maturing" is what I was driving at: Duet
maturing = SqueezeOS maturing.  Touch uses SqueezeOS, therefor Touch
benefits from Duet maturity.

Good, I'm not nuts :-).  Seeing comments like "the duet has nothing to
do with the Touch" were making me wonder if I understood the
architecture correctly.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch.  SuSE 11.0 Server
running SqueezeBoxServer 7.5.0, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 33,060 songs, 2,656 albums, 484 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior