Just to add my two ha'penny's worth

I used to design precision electronic test equipment.  We used to burn
it in at elevated temperatures and at higher voltages than normal
supply voltages.  This had nothing to do with accuracy of the the
device, and everything to do with accelerating infant mortality.  If
the device survived the burn in, then it was probably going to out last
the guarantee period.

I think that much of the nonsense written about burn-in with hifi gear
comes from certain speaker designs where the compliance of the
suspension changed during the first few weeks of usage and the speakers
sounded better for it.  Somehow, with the usual lack of rigor in the
hifi press, this got transferred to electronic equipment, and I have
even seen an article on burning-in speaker cables......

--
Andy8421