results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=77824
Question: Should volume control only affect the analog outputs?

- Yes, I don't/wouldn't use the digital outputs anyway
- Yes, I want to use the digital outputs and want them locked at 100%
- Yes (some other reason)
- No, I want variable output for the digital outputs
- No (some other reason)

I understand your point about a preference but it probably got removed
for the sole reason to keep the number of preferences down.

>From my own experience: Preferences are a major drag:
- You need code to store and manage the preference
- In this case, the preference would have to be synced to MySB
- You need code for a user interface
- You have to test all this
- Expect customer service requests because some people will not
understand it or get it wrong or set something wrongly

Compared to that and knowing the code a bit I'm quite sure the change
to implement a "fixed volume" change in Squeezeplay (for both paths,
that is) would be a single-line-of-code change.

I'd support Peter's suggestion if I had anything in this, yet I don't
since I never use digital out or external volume control myself.
I do, however, like it since I did already get a few questions on this
and am on the verge to add an option (sic!) in iPeng to fix the volume
permanently for a Touch :) Which I hate for the reasons stated above :)

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com