results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=77824
Question: Should volume control only affect the analog outputs?

- Yes, I don't/wouldn't use the digital outputs anyway
- Yes, I want to use the digital outputs and want them locked at 100%
- Yes (some other reason)
- No, I want variable output for the digital outputs
- No (some other reason)

peterw;539552 Wrote:
> Please do say more. There's a Denon owner who just contacted me about
> this. He couldn't use DenonSerial b/c DS only supports players where
> 100% fixed is an SBS option. He's using iPeng and has to switch to
> another iPhone app for amp volume control. I was thinking that the
> getexternalvolumeinfo mechanism might be able to indicate the
> availability of alternatives for 1) the 'mixer volume' command and 2)
> getting the current 0-100 volume. But it would probably be better to
> publish a patch for the Touch firmware to fix both outputs, ala SB3,
> and use player prefs to indicate that the patch is in effect. (Still
> better, of course, for Logitech to publish a fix.)

His problems are probably because the iPeng version currently on the
App Store doesn't support the getexternalvolume mechanism, that's only
in the current beta.

What I would try to do would not help your user because iPeng can only
control the volume that externally available on the server, so iPeng
would just fix the volume as in "really fix it" by making sure it's at
100% and sending a volume command if it's not.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com